ICM Pty Ltd, South Africa
Founding Partner 2010 – 2018
Directed financial function, including corporate advisory mandates and investment banking sourcing and execution. Structured corporate transactions and deals, raised capital, completed due diligence, and identified strategic partnerships. Managed projects, commercial transactions, business relationships, and business development activities.
- Acted as Corporate Advisor to Initial Public Offering of a client as first special purpose acquisition company on Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
- Spearheaded strategic investment and exit for clients; achieved 33% IRR within 3 years.
- Served as non-executive on various client company board of directors to manage principle investments and corporate advisory mandates.
The future belongs to those who choose not to own it
Investec Bank Limited, South Africa
Investment Banker 2007 – 2009
Secured client mandates, completed financial due diligence, and structured and executed financials and debt. Oversaw lending transactions and equity investments. Created and delivered committee presentations, designed business development strategies, and managed investment and transaction pricing.
- Structured and raised debt and mezzanine finance for JSE listed and private clients.
The economics of subscription outweigh the egocentricity of ownership
Pi Capital, London, UK
Head of Business Development and Investment Principal 2003 – 2006
Managed transactions, prepared investment cases, and determined valuation metrics. Directed business development activities, structured deals and transactions, and coordinated strategic investments. Developed business, created strategies, and promoted growth in all activities. Cultivated key business relationships with professionals and customers.
- Sourced and structured new investment opportunities.
- Optimised debt and equity capital funding structures.
- Serviced high net-worth clients exclusively as potential funders for transactions.
Successful digitization results in your customer becoming your product
Propertyfinder, London, UK
Head of Business Development and E-Commerce 2000 – 2003
Participated in early stage of start-up operations for venture capital backed funding transaction. Oversaw implementation and execution of business initiatives, commercial, and financial strategies to support customer attainment and retention, e-commerce activities, and revenue generation. Assisted in securing service providers and partners. Collaborated with key product development team members.
- Recruited by venture capital investors and CEO to support initial investment strategy development and execution.
- Served as second point of contact after CEO for all start-up operations.
- Supported development from 0 to 40 employees within 3 years.
- Sourced, implemented, and executed all strategic commercial partnerships.
Additional experience as Proprietary Equity Trader at Cargill Financial Markets in Surrey, UK.